Monday 18 July 2011

Fishing Buddies


It's a new challenge over at Die Cut Dreams today, and our theme is "Animal Antics", of the four legged variety. There's a great prize on offer from Crimson Cloud, they are offering you a "Tatty Button" stamp, and they are gorgeous. The rest of the team have done brilliant creations for you to get some inspiration from.

For my card I have used a Whimsy image that I won a while back and never used yet. I even did some sewing, I used a needle and some crochet cotton and put some fishing line on. Now how about this for total lunacy, I had coloured my image including the water and then had a sudden urge to try the cloud technique, I did use the tutorial on Bevs blog. But this is where madness takes over, did I have a try first on some scrap paer, Nooooooooooo! straight onto my image, thank goodness it turned out OK. In fact it fits in quite well with this image and i'll be sure to do this technique again.


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:-
1. Allsorts - week 12 - Free & Easy
2. Ladybug Crafts - challenge 35 - Summer Birthdays
3. Paper Playtime - challenge # 50 - Summer


Recipe:-
Stamps - Whimsy Digi, Forever Friends Sentiments, Forever Friends Fishing,

Papers - Papermania Collossal,
Colouring Mediums - H20's, Distress Inks,
Tools - Embossing Powder, heat gun,
Embellishments - Crochet cotton,



Hope you have a very good week and thanks for stopping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

21 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cute card Tracy.
luv
Debby

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. what a cute pair!love the little fish embellies .
Why not enter the summer birthday challenge at Ladybugs craft ink
Lisa x

Lia said...

wonderful card tracy I love the colors
hugs Lia

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tracy,
What a fabulously cute card. I love the colours and the sweet image. Gorgeous crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Tracy one gorgeous card with a super image. hugs Shirleyxxx

Claire said...

Great card Tracy - that image is fab! Hugs, Claire x

Fleur said...

Wow this is fab Tracy, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Louise said...

Hi Tracey what a great card love the image.
Hugs Louise xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww a fabulous card, awesome colouring, luv the clouds, fab design, sue,x

DesignerDiva said...

I love this image Tracy I saw it on a challenge blog once and fell in love with it - it's so funny! Stamptacular Sunday have a 'animal antics' theme this week too that you could enter

Hugs Laurie x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such a fun image! It's not everyday one sees a moose (it is a moose isn't it?) and a beaver fishing together! Hugs, Lesley

Tracy said...

This is such a cute card.
It is a perfect Canadian card ;)
You sound like me, I dont' practice either, I just go for it.

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

A very lovely card--you put in a lot of detail and time.
Thank you for playing along at Paper Playtime.
Krista, guest designer
www.KristasPaperCafe.com

Jules said...

Hi Tracy

What a great card and your cloud technique worked out beautifully!

Loving your fishing line too.

Love Jules xx

pinky said...

Its just brilliant Tracy, love how you added the fishing line. Your clouds are brilliant, isn't it so easy with Bev's template. I will be using this all the time now lol and it doesn't matter if you do it last:) Great job.

Anonymous said...

Hello Tracy!! :) Such a darling creation!! I love this image and your coloring looks adorable here!! Just wanted to stop by and say hello to you! Hope all is well!! HUGS

Pop's Cards said...

Wow!! This is just fabulous sweetie!! Big hugs love Pops x x x x

so glad you left me a comment, my blog list went from my blog and i couldnt remember your blog name :0)

BrossArtAddiction said...

Gorgeous card!

Thanks for playing along with us at "Paper Playtime" and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx PP/DT

Kerry said...

Fantastic card Tracy...I love making cloud effects and you did a great job. I tend to wing it too...I just hold my breath and hope for the best lol. Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this month xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Tracy

I love th efishing line - just noticed it. Great card too. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Hugs Ali x

Amanda R said...

Very nice! Love the banner across the corner! Thanks for playing along with us at LCI!