Wednesday, 17 August 2011
Twice The Love
I have made this card for my twin nephews, my sister and nephews went on Holiday on Saturday to Skegness, and on Monday my nephew Brad fell off a climbing frame and broke both his arms, the left arm he has broken in two places and the right in one place. So he is potted up on both arms, he had to have an overnight stay in hospital to decide whether to minipulate the bones. Thank goodness they decided not to.
I know what they went through as my son Scott went through the same thing at the same age, 5 years old, he broke his arm in two place but on consecutive weeks went down to surgey twice for minipulation doing, as the bones wouldn't stay in line to knit back togehter, and spent 4 months in pot upto his shoulder.
It has been so hard on both twins as they don't like being apart, so both found this quite traumatic, and the hospital wouldn't allow Jake to stay with Brad overnight, understandably. So my card is for both of them, and as they share everything and are always together, this image just reminded me of them.
I have coloured this in Promarkers and stamped on Letraset bleed proof paper. I used glossy accents for the glass.
This is for the following challenges:-
1. The Sweet Shop - challenge # 121 - Sketch (first time at this challenge blog)
2. Simon says Stamp - Food & Drink
3. Papertake Weekly - Bingo - Middle row (Buttons, Ribbon and my free one is brads)
4. Deep Ocean - challenge # 6 - Light Blue
5. CES Challenges - challenge # 49 - Mix & Match (my two papers are from 2 companies one being Papermania, sorry but I can't remeber the brand of the very pale blue spotted one)
Stamps - LOTV, Woodland folk sentiment,
Papers - Papermania,
Colouring Mediums - Promarkers,
Tools - Border punch,
Embellishments - brads, ribbon, button, crochet thread, glossy accents.
Hope your having a good week, thank you for popping by.