Saturday 25 July 2015

Butterflies and Kittens






















Good Morning bloggers, it's Saturday morning so It's time for a new challenge today at Allsorts.
This week is my turn to host and I would like to see 'Use A Butterfly(can either be main focal or somewhere on your creation) 

I used a House Mouse stamp, and gave my butterfly plenty of sparkle after colouring with Spectrum Noirs.  My border was made using a Cheery Lynn Die (see below for details), I glittered using Stickles on the butterflies then added pink pearls.


Don't forget to head over to Allsorts for all the details of this challenge, and to check out all the fabulous inspiration from my very talented team mates.

Here are the prizes on offer:-
PPR Papercrafts




Todays News


We have a new addition to our family, a Kitten called Merlin
We go to a little village near Leeds called Monk Fryston, to a boarding home for animals, but they also do nail clipping etc, so we take our Guinea Pig, Darwin for his nails doing.  We went on Sunday and they had one kitten in a cage for sale, it was on it's own as they did a favour for a friend who sold it's siblings, but couldn't sell this little boy as he looks a bit freaky (as the owner said).  Well I picked him up and fell in love with him, I told John we could give him the love he so desperately needs, this tiny little bundle of fur was all cuddled up into me.
I got a big NO from John, we can't afford it and we have too many pets as it is he said.  So later on at home after coming away without the kitten, I told John I still missed Baby (the cat we lost last year), and even though we have another cat Wolfie, I couldn't help feeling sorry for that poor kitten.
Anyway Tuesday John came home at dinner time with the kitten for me as a surprise, Aww he's gorgeous with enormous Whiskers, I have called him Merlin.  John said when I saw you with him and thought about you with the kitten afterwards, It felt like I was breaking your heart all over again, because watching you when Baby died and seeing you grieve for her was the hardest thing I've ever had to watch. I love this kitten so much already, and I love my husband so much too.

He does really need to learn though that I need to craft and my desk is not his playground ha ha !!!!!!





















Recipe:-
Stamps - JSHM017 Flying Joanna Sheen,
Papers - LOTV shabby shack, 
Colouring Mediums - Spectrum Noirs, Distress Inks Salty Ocean,
Tools - Cheery Lynn Designs Butterflies Among The Vines Mesh Border B401, Grand Calibur, Nesties, 
Embellishments - Stickles, Pearls, Ribbon,


Thanks for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

8 comments:

Mummylade said...

Merlin is adorable and he's lucky to have found you

brenda said...

If there's one thing better than a butterfly Tracy it's a glitters one, just gorgeous. Thanks for a great theme this week, really enjoyed creating for it.

I can see you are going to have great fun with Merlin, he looks like a real bundle of fun.

B x

brenda said...

If there's one thing better than a butterfly Tracy it's a glitters one, just gorgeous. Thanks for a great theme this week, really enjoyed creating for it.

I can see you are going to have great fun with Merlin, he looks like a real bundle of fun.

B x

Wendy L said...

Tracy yur card is fab, I love the image of the mouse being pulled by the butterfly, very different. Kitten so cute, xxx

Mervi said...

aww.. so cute card and so is the cat too, lovely;-))m

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite House Mouse images! What a sweet kitty!

Linby said...

I went to a crafting weekend at Monk Fryston Hall last October, never been there before. Love your little kitty and such a cute card with great design.
Lynn x

Andrea W said...

It's very hard losing a pet, they have such a special place in our hearts. Your hubby was sweet to surprise you with the new kitty, he's adorable. We adopted a black and white kitten last year who was in desperate need of a home. Enjoy your new kitty!