Tuesday 18 February 2014

From An Angel To A Fairy




















Here is my Mid Way creation  for Penny black & More @ Allsorts, where the theme is 'Make It Sparkle' So you can use all your glitters, stickles and anything that adds sparkle to your creations for this challenge.  I have used an image called Bitty Bear Angel, but turned her into a fairy by cutting off her halo as I wanted her to stand amongst the flowers in this squeezey card.  Here's a closer look:-













I absolutely adore this stamp and couldn't get a hold of it as it's really old, but Susie Sugar (team leader for a team that closed, that I was on) kindly posted her stamp out to me so I could stamp as many as I wanted, and I stamped a fair few I can tell you LOL!  I would still love to get this stamp though and still look for it now.
I have never worked with these card blanks before, so this was new to me, but enjoyed experimenting with them, also acetate is something I rarely use too.  I added my fairy bear and some flowers and grass to the acetate and stuck it to one of the middle concertina folds for that 3D effect.  My sparkle is glamour dust to her wings, then stickles to some of the flowers and butterflies.  Then finaly gems for a final bit more sparkle.

I quite like how this turned out for a first go even if it took me three times longer than normal to do a card.

We have prizes from Penny Black, Crafts U Love. Flonz, Nicecrane and Classy crafts.   Now isn't that a lot of prizes, definitely worth getting your sparkle out isn't it!!!!!!















Now if you would like to be a GDT for us, all you need to do is make a creation to fit the theme following our rule.

Are you wanting some inspiration, pop on over to the challenge blog and then you can see all the wonderful creations from the rest of the talented team.

This is for the following challenge:-
1. Cute Card Thursday - #308 - Clever cutting
2. Crafty Little fairies - Teddies
3. Card Makin' Mama's - Make It Sparkle
4. Love To create - challenge # 103 - Make It Sparkle
5. Stampin' For The Weekend - Flower Power
6. Crafting When We Can - #63 - Lots Of Bling



Today's News:-
I hope this post goes live ok as I will be out for the day, me and my daughter have doctors appointments at 9:10 & 9:20. then me and all three kids are going into the town centre for a spot of shopping, all three are after shoes and clothes, tickets for a music festival that is in May for Scott and Jodie, but apparently you have to get them early, £78 for them, OMG they are expensive.  A spot of lunch and no doubt, I will end up buying stuff I had no intention of getting, and I will come home with nothing for myself.  But I know I will enjoy our day.
Then my daughter informed me that she would like to do some baking this week, Oreo cheesecake and Lemon Drizzle Tray bake, so some yummy goodies coming, my weight watchers weigh-in might be a bit off next week LOL!
Bobby wants to see the Lego movie. not my thing, but I'm sure I can manage to sit through it.
So a busy week I think while the kids are off school.

Recipe:-
Stamps - Bitty Bear Angel 432J,
Papers - Nitwits Always & Forever,
Colouring Mediums - Promarkers,
Tools -Grand calibur, ,Joanna Sheen Signature Dies, CC Designs dies, Marianne flourish, Sinature butterfly dies, Memory box summer border,
Embellishments -gems, stickles,glamour dust,


Thank you for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

17 comments:

thecraftycavalier said...

Aww, this is just completely stunning! What a special card - I love it. Beautiful image and the papers are absolutely scrumptious - somehow I have missed them over at NitWits. I shall be ordering them quick sticks! Fabulous use of that Joanna sheen die. Gorgeous. Hugs, Jayne x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Tracy, adorable stamp hope you find it eventually, enjoy your half term (half term next week here) Hope you treat yourself too x Susan x

brenda said...

She has turned into a lovely fairy Tracy and it looks really effective how you have placed her into her own little garden.

B x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Sooo cute image,,,,,Tracy....so amazing papers,,,,,let me know if you need any help adding my header blog Tracy, Isent you the instructions,,,,,let me know.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracy...love your cute Fairy sitting in her pretty garden and beautiful papers and design..the flower and butterflies are so gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Mervi said...

Wow so cute and gorgeous card!
Hope all went well today at doctors;-))m

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty card Tracy, I love your sweet image and fabulous design.
I hope you had a lovely day with your family - baking with your daughter sounds fun!
Pauline
x

Whisper said...

Aaah absolutely gorgeous and have you tried www.pbstamps.com for it ?, i thought i had it but the closes i have is :

Angel Love - 1295H and Teddy Bear Hug 1827H,

Luv Sam x

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, wow it has been a while since I visited, I'm so sorry. I hope you are well. Your card is so pretty, love the angel!

xo,
abby

heidy said...

This is gorgeous Tracy,thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Helen said...

Such a sweet card - so pretty!
Thanks for playing with the Crafty Little Fairies!
Helen x

Ellibelle said...

A fabulous card Tracy, love it!
Hope you are having a fabulous time while the kids are home from school. The lego movie is something our family has planned to go to also, sadly we were too sick to go see it yet, but hopefully we'll make it soon. The kids have been wanting to see it since they saw the previews.

Robin said...

This is just so adorable! I love this stamp too.....and the card is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can. Unfortunately, you have entered too many challenges to be eligible for ours. I do hope you will join us again. Hugs, Robin

Anonymous said...

oh, how cute and what a creative way to showcase the sweet image!
linda

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

Susan

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining our Make it Sparkle with Bling Challenge over at Love to Create this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Linby said...

Beautifully done. Love the new blog header.
Lynn x