Saturday 21 March 2015

Anyone For Cake?





















Good Morning bloggers, it's good to be back in blogland. My operation went well and I am on the road to recovery, there was a lot of swelling and bruising but that has almost gone now, still in some pain bit it's getting less each day, nights seem to be the worst.  I am back at the hospital on Tuesday for my results, so let's hope it's good news, I am feeling positive about it.

So back to this morning's challenge, It's time for a new challenge today at Allsorts.
This week is our lovely Susan's turn to host and she would like to see 'Cupcakes/Cakes'
Here is what I did, I baked a cake using a Lili Of The Valley stamp called Mix It & Make It, and decided to use watercolours to paint the image, I'm enjoying the change at the moment from my Spectrum Noirs, then I distressed everything with Distress Inks, and for once I didn't stick to my usual symmetrical, even layout.  As this is the first card I have made for a couple of weeks I felt like I wanted to just play around with the components and have fun with it, not worrying too much about everything been neat and even, yes I am a bit OCD with things, neat lines, lists, everything has a place, colour co-ordination etc..........  I enjoyed the experience of  filling my card with lots of bits and pieces.

Don't forget to head over to Allsorts for all the details of this challenge, and to check out all the fabulous inspiration from my very talented team mates.

Here is the prize on offer:-

3 images from


3 images

http://scrappersdelights.com/store/


Recipe:-
Stamps - LOTV ST171 Mix It & Make It, Dovecraft Alphabet Stamps, LOTV ticket stamps, 
Papers - LOTV Antebellum, 
Colouring Mediums - Watercolour paints, Distress Inks, 
Tools - Grand Calibur, Spellbinder Dies, Sizzix Flower Dies, Heart Punch, Signature butterfly dies, 
Embellishments - lace, pearls, glamour dust, 


Thanks for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

8 comments:

brenda said...

Isn't this just the most perfect image for this weeks theme Tracy, you have created a beauty.

I'm like you on cymmetry and it's a hard habit to break I know.

Hope you have a good weekend and your pain continues to ease.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and so sweet card.
Hope you get better soon;-))m

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous Tracy and so cute.
Glad you are feeling better, did my card arrive?
xxxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tracy and glad you're starting to feel a bit better :-)

Good Luck for Tuesday xx

luv
Lols x x x

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, Tracy! Good to hear you are on the mend. Will keep my fingers crossed for you x

thecraftycavalier said...

Glad the op went well, I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that the news is good :-) This is a stunning card. Love the sweet image and the shabby chic/vintage look is perfect. Beautiful. Hugs, Jayne x

susiestacey said...

Pleased to hear you are healing well Tracy and feeling better daily - lets hope the news is good at the hospital.
Gorgeous card - love the stamp, perfect for the challenge and you layout looks fab too. x Susan x

Linby said...

Nice to see you blogging and a cute card too, love the colouring. take care.
Lynn x