Wednesday 18 October 2017

Getting Inky And Special Wishes



It's my turn to do the mid month over at Stamping Sensations and we are doing 'try something new', So I have tried two different techniques.
I normally shy away from inky projects, they do scare me!
I think I'm what they call a clean crafter, so I got some inky fingers and watched a few tutorials and came up with this card and gift bag.



So I used Distress Inks to make my background, after I had stamped my images I coloured them in with a black pen to make them into silhouettes.  I made a background paper by stamping fairy dust and adding sparkle.  I don't have a grass stamp so I drew it in.  I surprised myself with the result.



I used a different technique for this gift bag, I put my Distress inks onto an acrylic block and sprayed it to give a water colour look.  Then I embossed a dandelion and brought it to life with distress inks and Glamour dust, then stamped the smaller dandelion.  To finish off  I made a backgound paper.
There's probably room for improvement, but I enjoyed doing it even if I got very inky LOL!



And now onto my creation which is for Penny black & More @ Allsorts mid way, where the theme is 'Close To Nature',  how close to nature can you get than blowing dandelion clocks, so cute.  I used a subtle backing paper and then over stamped some dandelions on then added some sparkle to them.

We have prizes from Penny Black, Crafty Ribbons, and Sizzix. Now isn't that a lot of prizes, definitely worth getting your stamps out isn't it!!!!!!

Now if you would like to be a GDT for us, all you need to do is make a creation to fit the theme following our rules.

Are you wanting some inspiration, pop on over to the challenge blog and then you can see all the wonderful creations from the rest of the talented team.


Recipe:-
Stamps -  Penny Black 1652J Cheesecake wish, Magazine freebie stamps, 
Papers -   Wild Rose Studios Dancing Daisies, 
Colouring Mediums - Spectrum Noirs, Promarkers, Distress Inks, 
Tools -  Cuttlebug, freebie dandelion embossing folder, 
Embellishments -  Glamour dust, rose ribbon, ribbon, 

Thank you for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting

Tracy x

10 comments:

brenda said...

Great inkiness on your gift bag and card Tracy and your PB make has a lovely fresh Nature feel to it.

B x

Lynne K said...

You should get inky more often, Tracy, these are really gorgeous! Love the colours you've used. x

Leanne Harris said...

Some lovely creations here Tracy, oh you'll become hooked with the inkiness - I haven't seen the true colour of my hands for years!!!!! Your PB make is really lovely, subtle colours on that background layer really pop that main image panel, hope you are well, lots of love xxxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great work Tracy

gorgeous

gr karin

Linby said...

You should get inky more often they are beautiful. Love your PB card too - so sweet.

Ellibelle said...

Your inky creations turned out absolutely stunning, Tracy! And how cute is the little mouse card!! Fabulous creations!

Words and Pictures said...

Magical inky backgrounds - perfect for the fairy, though the dandelion is my personal favourite. Lovely.
Alison x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and magical cards;-))m

Kathleen said...

These are brilliant Tracy.

Kath x

Anonymous said...

your inky backgrounds are fabulous, especially with the silhouette fairy! the pb mouse image is one of my favourites and i LOVE how you added coordinating flowers to the background!