Sunday, 28 February 2010
Saturday, 27 February 2010
This is for my Mum for Mother's day, there is a card, and a gift box for it and then using oddments I altered a note book. There's lots of sparkle although it doesn't show very well on the photo.
These are for:-
1. Colour Create - challenge 39 - Red, black, Off white and brads
2. Allsorts - week 41 - A card/gift for mother's Day
3. Simon Says Stamp - Vintage with Flowers
4. Creatalicious Challenge - challenge 7 - Create a little something
5. Cute Card Thursday - challenge 101 - Ribbon
6. C.R.A.F.T. - challenge 39 - Ribbon and sparkle
I did a card similar to this one last week for a 21st, it had a different image on it and different embellies, but I have used the same In My Minds Eye papers. I have stamped the Butterfly, then painted it then glittered with stickles and cut it out. I have used feathers again I love using them on my cards, especially vintage ones.
Colour Create has a colour combo of Red, Black and Off White, just my colours, they are my favourites and there is an added optional of using silver brads only I glittered mine for the centre of my flowers on the note book. Make a gift/card for Mother's day and join in Allsorts challenge, that's what I've done. Go Vintage with flowers for Simon Says Stamp. And it's a theme of "Create a little something" for Creatalicious, and I've created a matching card, notebook and box for it. Cute Card Thursday want to see ribbon. And it's ribbon and sparkle for C.R.A.F.T. challenge.
Hope everyone has a nice Sunday
Thursday, 25 February 2010
1. Just Magnolia - week 43 - sketch
2. Simon Says Stamp - Vintage with flowers
3. Sophisti-cats - challenge 23 - Embossing wet or dry
4. Saturday Spotlight - "Doing the mess around"
I really enjoyed making this card, I distressed around the edges of the image then stamped some flourishes and then glittered some flourishes every so often. Then I distressed around the edges of the papers and flowers. The flowers have also been stamped with versamark using a flourish stamp then embossed with a clear embossing powder, but the photo doesn't pick it up too well.
The sketch is fabulous and I will use it again and it's from Just Magnolia. The theme for Simon Says Stamp is Vintage with Flowers. Sophisti-cats want us to use Embossing, it can be wet or dry, I have done wet as I've embossed flourishes onto my flowers with clear embossing powder, to give them a nice shine . It's not showing up too well though, we just don't have any light here at the moment its so dull and rainy. Distressing is this weeks theme over at Saturday Spotlight and all my papers and flowers have been distressed. C.R.A.F.T. want to see Ribbons and sparkle and my ribbon is some lovely white organza and my sparkle is around the outside of the image. Cute Card Thursday want you to use ribbon this week.
This week over at Susie's Sassy challenge our theme is "Aqua and Lilac", and the theme was chosen by our lovely Lisa. And we are being sponsored by Prairie fairies. We have been given a couple of images to work with and they are lovely. The prize this week is 3 Digi images from their store.
This is also for:-
1. Fussy and Fancy Friday - challenge 4 - "Dazzle Us"
2. Stamp Something - "Touch Of Spring"
3. Creative Inspirations - challenge # 28 -Thank You Card
4. Flutterby Wednesday - challenge # 98 - "open week"
5. Incy Wincy designs - challenge 31 - Touchy feely
6. Crafty Creations - challenge # 56 - Cut It Out And Pop It Up
Wow wasn't Tuesday a fab day, I had QVC on practically all day, and hopelessly tried to convince my Hubby that I really Needed the Tim Holtz special, the book with the extra goodies. Eventually he gave in and gave me his card and I got it, the only thing is though I had to get it on Advanced order so I won't receive mine till after the 22nd march. So that means It'll be for my Birthday on the 25th March. I just can't wait to play with it and learn some new techniques too. But wasn't Tim every womans dream, his demo's were great and I really enjoyed watching him. A very inspiring man.
Back to the card, "Dazzle us" is what Fussy and Fancy Friday have asked us and there's plenty of glitter to dazzle with. Stamp Something would like to see a "Touch Of Spring" and although it isn't yellows and greens, I still think it says spring with the chicks in the nest and the flowers, butterflies and dragonflies. Thank You is the theme for Creative Inspirations. Flutterby Wednesday has an "Open Week" this week. Then Incy Wincy Designs want some "Touchy Feely" and my touchy feely is the flowers, and the rest of my embellies, the butterflies, Dragonflies, my button, glitter and ribbon, it all gives it a tactile feel to it. Crafty creations want to see "Cut it out and pop it up", well I've cut (punched) my butterflies and dragonfly and raised them with silicone and bent the wings to make them pop up.
Sunday, 21 February 2010
This is for:-
1. Creatalicious Challenge - challenge # 7 - "Create a little something"
2. Incy Wincy Design - challenge 30 - "Punch it out"
3. Totally Papercrafts - challenge # 4 - "Lots Of Spots"
4. Tellen'sPlace - challenge # 6 - Birthdays
5. Cute Card Thursday - challenge # 100 - "Metal Mania
6. Saturday Spotlight - "Doing the mess around"
This card and gift box is an order for my mum's friend. It's for her Granddaughter's 21st, and she was quite precise as to what she wanted. She chose the image first, then requested - glitter, handmade roses, feathers, beaded stems, a key, and charms. Then there were a lot on the card it needed a gift box rather than an envelope. Near the end I was starting to think is there too much, what do you think?
Creatalicious Challenge asked us to "create a little something", so I would say this card in the gift box is a little bit more that a normal card that I would make. Punch It Out is the theme for Incy Wincy Designs, and my handmade roses are made from punched flowers. Do you like spots? thats the theme this week over at Totally Papercrafts, there's spotted papers on my card. You can only have 5 other challenges with Totally Papercrafts and luckily that was the only challenges this would fit into anyway. The subject is Birthday over at Tellen's Place, and I think a 21st is quite a special birthday. Cute Card Thursday want you to use something Metal and I have charms on my card. Saturday Spotlight wants to see distressing with ink and all my DP papers have been distressed around the edges with Aged Mahogany distress inks.
Hope everyone has had a great weekend and are ready for the start of a new week, we woke up to a lovely thick blanket of snow this morning, it looks beautiful.
Sunday, 14 February 2010
It's challenge time again over at Rosie-D's challenge blog, and this week we are sponsored by Digital Ink. The theme is "Just For Men", and we had some images to use from Digital Ink and they are also giving away some free Digi's as a prize . I chose this T.Bird car, and my favourite colour is RED, so what other colour would I use for this design of car, Rosie told me it looks like a Thelma and Louise kinda image.
But it's not for Thelma or Louise, it's a Father's day card for my Hubby who saw the image finished after I had fully covered it in gloss. He said "Ooo I like that", He hasn't seen the finished product, so it's off away for Father's Day. But the whole car is coated in 3D gloss and the only embellies for this card is a bit of ribbon and some metal brads. But I actually don't think it needs anything else. I find it hard to get male embellishments, not much around.
Thursday, 11 February 2010
This is also for:-
1. Stamp Something - "Love Somethings"
2. Creative Craft Challenges - challenge 6 - Roses Are Red
3. Stampin For The Weekend - Valentines Theme
4. By The Cute And Girly - February challenge - "Love"
5. Cupcake Crafts - challenge 77 - Red and White all over
6. Simon Says Stamp - What's love got to do with it!
7. Tellen's Place - challenge 5 - Use 5 Hearts
This is also for:-
1. Sketch Saturday - week # 89 - Sketch
2. Creative Card Crew - challenge 44 - Valentines
3. Lili Of The Valley - challenge 46 - Valentines
4. Crafty Cardmakers - challenge 14 - digital delights
5. Die Cut Dreams - challenge # 34 - Have A Heart
6. Cute Card Thursday - challenge 99 - In the name of love
7. C.R.A.F.T. - challenge 37 - Digi Colouring
Friday, 5 February 2010
This is for:-
1. Create For Fun - challenge week 5 - sketch
2. Creative Inspirations - challenge # 46 - "Pink and Cream"
3. Passion For Promarkers - week 37 - "All creatures great and small"
4. Cupcake Crafts - challenge 76 - "Four legged and Furry"
5. Incy Wincy Designs - challenge 28 - "Put your hats on"
I loved doing this card as I'm using my favourite Penny Black image, I just think she is gorgeous. So when I saw the sketch over on Create 4 Fun, I could just see this little hedgie sat in the middle. And I love this colour combo, "pink and cream", it's so pretty, and it's the theme over at Creative Inspirations. There's no particular colours this week at Passion For Promarkers bu there is a theme which is "All creatures great and small". It made a nice change using Promarkers, I normally use distress inks with Hedgehogs. Now over at Cupcake crafts they asked for us to use "Four legged and Furry", now I can hear you saying Hedgehogs have spikes, and yes they do but they have a furry under belly and also there is actually fur below those spikes too. So my little sweetheart still counts in this challenge. And she has the most adorable hat on so she fits into Incy Wincy Designs challenge, "put your hat on".
The larger flowers were a gift from the lovely Sarah and so were the die cut ovals, thanks love. That Cuttlebug is still on the top of my wish list and then i'll be able to cut all my own ovals etc.
Have a great weekend everybody, and thank you to all who is joining in to the Sir Stampalot Hop and Challenge, if your not go to the top of this page for details.
Wednesday, 3 February 2010
Oh what a nightmare trying to get this card done, it has took two days on and off. I have Sinusitis again, it seems to visit me every 6-8 weeks, I do have a spray but not very good. I've had allsorts of tests done at the hospital with camera's and microscopes, but it effects my throat too and they can't find out why. So bending over a desk is quite painful, so I end up stopping and starting all the time.
But enough of my moaning and on to this card, I'm entering it into the following challenges:-
1. Roses On Paper - challenge 30 - sketch
2. Colour Create - challenge 37 - Soft pink, soft blue, white and silver
3. Just Magnolia - Hearts and flowers
4. Papertake Weekly - Love Actually
5. Sophti-cats - challenge 20 - Love
6. Crafty Creations - challenge # 53 - Wings
7. ABC Challenge - N is for New
Roses on paper gave a fab sketch to use, and the colour combo is Colour Creates theme. I've used a Tilda for the Just Magnolia theme of Hearts and flowers, where is the heart did I hear you say, it's a patch on her jeans and for the flowers she's holding them. It's "Love Actually" over on Papertake Weekly, and I've used the sentiment "with love" for this. Love seems to be everywhere at the moment with Valentines day round the corner, and that's what Sophist-cats is asking for "Love". Crafty Creations are looking for "Wings", there is wings on my Tilda and on the butterflies. N is for New at the ABC challenge, some of my papers are new and the die cut oval and scallops were a gift from Sarah, which I haven't used before, thank you love x