Tuesday, 3 May 2011
Say It With Flowers
I have picked the challenge this week for Oldie But A Goodie challenge, I chose "Say It With Flowers". And I have put the prize up for this challenge too and below you can see the prize.
Please pop by the challenge blog and see the rest of the teams gorgeous creations, and join in too, as you don't need to just use stand alone flowers like mine, you can also use any images and then add flowers to your cards. But your stamp must be 6 months old and please no digi's.
Hope you have had a lovely bank holiday weekend.
For my card I tried something out of my comfort zone. Now on some shelves above my desk I have a selection of woodmounted stamps that I didn't want to put away in a drawer. And there is one particular Inkadinkado stamp that really catches my eye, and so decided to use it and do something totally different to my norm.
So if you know me, it has to be girls, animals or totally cute. I can get along fine with these. But stand alone flowers, not got a clue. So off to my friend Brenda's blog I went and came away brimming with inspiration. You really need to see her Penny Black Creations, she does the most wonderful floral creations. Although you probably already visit her, I know she has many followers. My stamp actually came from a candy I won from Brenda a long time ago when I first started blogging.
I have surprised myself and although not up to Brenda's standard, i'm quite proud of myself. You can still see a bit of me in it Lol, with feathers, gems and bows. Oooo I did 3-D-ing on the flowers also, not done that before. I enjoyed doing this, so you may see more like this.
I would also like to enter this for the following challenges:-
1. Dream Valley - challenge 6 - Flowers
2. By The Cute & Girly - May challenge - Anything Goes
3. Sweet Stampin' - Try Something New (tried 3-D technique, A stamp that I wouldn't normally use)
4. CES Challenge - challenge # 34 - Inspirational photo (my inspiration came from the colours)
5. Papertake Weekly - Anything goes + optional extra something round (my round items are my gems)
6. Bling It On - challenge 3 - Inspiration photo (I chose flowers)