Saturday 1 August 2020

Native Americans



Good Morning bloggers, it's Saturday morning so It's time for a new challenge today at Allsorts.
This week is my turn turn to host and I would like to see 'Make It Masculine', and this challenge will last for two weeks.
Here is what I did, I used a stamp set from Chocolate Baroque - Do Right Always , these really do lend themselves to Masculine cards.  I loved the Teepee but wanted it to look old and authentic, I used some Kraft card, put a thin coat of Gesso on to tone it down then stamped it up.  I coloured it with water coloured pencils.



For the Totem Pole I made a distressed wood effect background using Distress Inks, then stamped  and coloured with Distress Inks.  I stamped my sentiment side ways to be a bit different


Don't forget to head over to Allsorts for all the details of this challenge, and to check out all the fabulous inspiration from my very talented team mates.

Here are the prizes on offer:-
Harmoney Tree Rubber Stamp sheet - Chocolate Block
Chocolate Baroque Harmony Tree 

Chocolate Baroque will be showcasing some exciting new stamps on Hochanda TV on Tuesday 4th August. Lesley will also be on our screens on Sunday 16th August with a new Craftalong, the kit for that show is available to purchase with a £5 discount from Hochanda here.
                
Chocolate Baroque is a small independent art and craft company, based in the historic market town of Barnard Castle in County Durham in the North-East of England and is owned and run by Lesley and David Wharton. 



Thanks for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

8 comments:

brenda said...

You have done a super job showcasing CB's new Native American stamps Tracy and you certainly achieved an authentic hide feel to the Teepee.

A great theme, should be popular.

B x

Linby said...

these look great, such unusual stamps.

Ellibelle said...

Two fabulous masculine creations using these wonderful stamps! Love them both!

Kathleen said...

Two brilliant cards Tracey, great male images and colours, the backgrounds are awesome, especially the first one as it has a desert effect.

Kath x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous makes with the new stamps, thanks for the great theme;-))m

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I see that you were tempted by the last lot of CB stamps. Your cards are lovely and I love the depth that you've achieved on your first card. Lovely work Tracy x

Wendy L said...

Lovely cards Tracy and very different too, xxx

Mummylade said...

How brilliant to tone the kraft paper down with Gesso, it's a fantastic result!