Sunday 1 November 2020

Wreaths & Candles














Hello bloggers, well everything keeps changing, here in Leeds we are supposed to be entering Tier 3 on Monday, whatever tier you are in I hope your all well and safe.  What doesn't change is the fact we still continue with our new challenges at  Stamping Sensations and We Love Chocolate Baroque challenges, and if you didn't get the chance to join in last month's challenges these could be the ones for you.


At Stamping Sensations this month the theme is 'Garlands, Wreaths and Christmas Flowers' So get out your Christmas flowers etc.....

I don't say this very often but I absolutely love this card I have made, in fact I am going to replicate it and make some more.  I have been suffering with a bad back so sometimes I can't lay down so I don't sleep, and this was made in the middle of the night and I just played with no pressure and didn't even have a plan, after I made it I realised it would fit this theme.  So here's what I did, I smooched distress ink, then dried it and then smooched over the top in a different colour with oxide so it would layer up.  I stamped my stag and then using three different foliage stamps from Lavinia I began to create a Wreath.  Using a Posca pen I added snow and also added glitter randomly round the edge of the wreath.

We have sponsorship this Month from
Chocolate Baroque with the following stamp set


Mellow Fruitfulness stamp sheet plus foam mount


And of course, the Design Team have created some stunners to inspire you. Please do pay them a visit to their individual blogs - it means a lot to know you appreciate their efforts.


























And now onto my second challenge creation for We Love Chocolate Baroque, where the theme is 'Christmas'  

I used Chocolate Baroques Christmas Circles and Butterfly minds  stamps, I started with a background which was a smooching effect with distressink, then dry and smooch again with an oxide for a layering effect.  I stamped my image in the middle, then stamped another two times to use to decoupage with.  I coloured the images with distress inks and layered up first the candles and then the Poinsettia.  Then around the edge I stamped the splots from Butterfly Minds with Versamark then embossed in gold.  Then did some splatters with a Posca pen. I coloured over the top of my flame with a gelly roll pen for some sparkle.  Finally I added a sentiment from the set.

Our prize:-
Is the winners choice of an A4 Chocolate Baroque stamp set, or stamps to the same value. We will also be on the lookout for our next Featured Designer selected from entries using Chocolate Baroque stamps.
From the lovely



Chocolate Baroque

Are you wanting some inspiration, pop on over to the challenge blog and then you can see all the wonderful creations from the rest of the talented team.


Recipe:-
Stamps - Lavinia - Reindeer Large, Fir cone branch, Mini Holly, Mini berry,  Chocolate Baroque - Butterfly Minds, Chrstmas Circles, 
Colouring Mediums - Versafine Clair, Distress Inks, Distress Oxides, 
Tools -  Heat gun, Embossing Powder, 
Embellishments - Glamour dust, Posca pen, Gelly Roll Pen - Stardust


Thank you for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

11 comments:

brenda said...

I love it as well Tracy, I think the combinations of the subtle inky background and contrasts of colour within the wreath work a treat. Your second card is so soft and delicate.

So we we are all up in tier 4 now, I didn't even know there was tier 4 until they mentioned it yesterday.

B x

Mervi said...

Love the both cards, fabulous samples;-))m

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful cards, but I specially love the first one, the wreath is amazing and you have created a wonderful snowing wintry background set off beautifully by that stag, well done. Sometimes good things can come from being unable to sleep. Hope your back is better soon xx

Marlies said...

Two beautiful cards Tracy. You have created a wonderful wreath on the first one. I hope your back soon gets better. You will so tied not being able to sleep well. Marlies

Ellibelle said...

These are both so beautiful Tracy. Especially loving the wreath and deer card. I too noticed some of my favorite cards I make are those where I can create with no pressure and I hope to start doing that more often. But sorry to hear you're having a sore back that keeps you up at night. I've been dealing with some neck pain as well and had some sleepless nights a couple of weeks ago. Still not 100% better but not quite as painful anymore. Hope you get some relief soon too!

Mrs.B said...

Two beautiful card Tracy. Love the silhouette stamping inside the wreath a great contrast against the colourful stamping. Hope your back pain gets better soon.
Avril xx

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful cards, just adore the layers you created on the first one. Anesha

Kathleen said...

Two rally super creations Tracy, a really lovely wreath with a super image great background and colours.
I love your use of the candle image and a really lovely background with all the gold splatters.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two fabulous creations and particularly love the one for WLCB. The gold embossing is a great addition!

Leanne Harris said...

Two gorgeous makes Tracy xxxxx

Linby said...

The perspective on your first card is just brilliant, it really looks like you are looking through the wreath. It's a beautiful card. Your second card is just so pretty with the gold highlighting.