Thursday 18 February 2021

With These Wings














 It's mid way time for Stamping Sensations and We Love Chocolate Baroque challenges, if you didn't get the chance to join in last month's challenges these could be the ones for you.

At Stamping Sensations this month the theme is 'Colour My World' so we would like to see lots of colour, which hopefully I captured in my piece.  As it was my sister's birthday yesterday I can show this book mark, which I made to put in her rather large Birthday card.   I started my background using Distress Oxides.  I created a moon and placed my Hare and fairy.  Then I made up the rest of my scene with Lavinia foliage stamps.

We have sponsorship this Month from:-
And of course, the Design Team have created some stunners to inspire you. Please do pay them a visit to their individual blogs - it means a lot to know you appreciate their efforts.

























And now onto my second challenge creation for We Love Chocolate Baroque, where the theme is 'Flowers, Birds and Butterflies'  For this creation I used the stamp sets Thistle butterfly and Butterfly Mind I received an early birthday gift from my very good friend of new Distress Oxide colours, I think she is feeding my ink habit.   So it was rude not to use them, I used Kitsch Flamingo, Rustic Wilderness and Speckled Egg with stencil brushes to create this lovely soft background.  Now Speckled egg had become my all time favourite but I think Kitsch Flamingo has just took it's place.  Using the two stamp sets I mixed and match using butterflies and foliage to create this scene.  There is some soft purple glitter too but as usual you can't see it.

Our prize:-
Is the winners choice of an A4 Chocolate Baroque stamp set, or stamps to the same value. We will also be on the lookout for our next Featured Designer selected from entries using Chocolate Baroque stamps.
From the lovely



Chocolate Baroque

Are you wanting some inspiration, pop on over to the challenge blog and then you can see all the wonderful creations from the rest of the talented team.


Recipe:-
Stamps - Lavinia - Fairy Bonnet set, Spanish Moss Foliage, Meadow Gross, Small Pixies, Whimsical Hares, Chocolate Baroque - Butterfy Minds, Thistle Butterfly, 
Colouring Mediums - Posca Pens, Charcoal Pencils, Distress Oxides, Versafine Clair, Distress Inks, 
Tools - Inkylicious moon and hill mask, 
Embellishments - Liquid Pearls, Ribbon,  Glitter, 



Thank you for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

13 comments:

Leanne Harris said...

A gorgeous bookmark - I bet your sister was chuffed with that. Your CB make is just delightful, how lovely it would be to just sit back in a field with butterflies bobbing around us like that - you've created a lovely hazy afternoon feel to this one xxxx

Babs said...

Your bookmark is gorgeous and such beautiful colours love the stamps you have used and the fab scene you have created. Love your stunning Elegant butterfly card with more beautiful colours and I am sure they both will be well loved.
Babs x

Mervi said...

Lovely scene with butterflies and gorgeous bookmark;-))m

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful tag, love the scene you created. THe card is also very beautiful. Hugs Anesha

Birgit said...

Great looking tag! The fairy and the hare is so sweet and love the midsummer scene which looks so serene. the card with the butterflies is pretty with the colours and that background colour is really nice. I love how you made such a great scene as I look out and see a foot of snow:).

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards Tracy
Gr Karin

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your Lavinia's works are always amazing and this bookmark isn't an exception! Love the sweet muted colours! And the inspiration for CB looks so sweet too! Love the delicate inking for the background and the gorgeous butterflies flying around the flowers!

Kathleen said...

Sorry Tracy but I have to say it, I thought you were going to say "With these wings, I thee Wed". Sorry.
A really super bookmark, great background and super images. A great design and use of the images,lovely colours and a great addition with the butterflies.

Kath x

Mummylade said...

Absolutely stunning. I love the new oxide colours as well, so versatile!

brenda said...

Two stunning creations as always Tracy and why not not into those new inks, I'm a past master at feeding habits be they good or bad!

B x

Linby said...

A beautiful colourful bookmark which is so lovely for your Sister to use, I think a nice bookmark really adds to the reading experience.
Your CB card is so pretty with the delicate background for the gorgeous butterflies.
L x

Marlies said...

Two beautiful creations Tracy. Both in lovely colours and well designed. Marlies

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous bookmark, love the little scene and the colours are so pretty.
Gorgeous shading on the butterfly card, the butterflies themselves look stunning - as if they are just taking flight.
Avril xx