Sunday 7 March 2021

Pink Cats With Vintage Butterflies

 























So I am due to get my Covid vaccination on Tuesday, I wasn't sure about having it at the beginning but I feel it is the best way forward.  My husband had bad side effects from his last week, so I am hoping all will be well.

It's a new month for Stamping Sensations and We Love Chocolate Baroque challenges, if you didn't get the chance to join in last month's challenges these could be the ones for you.

At Stamping Sensations this month the theme is 'Monochromatic'  Monochromatic can be varying shades of any colourway of your choice (not just black and white as many think). I chose shades of pink for my card, using both Distress Inks and Versafine Clairs.  The stamps are all Lavinia and a touch of glitter to complete it.

We have sponsorship this Month from 
This months lucky winner will receive a £25 store voucher from Stamp Addicts.


And of course, the Design Team have created some stunners to inspire you. Please do pay them a visit to their individual blogs - it means a lot to know you appreciate their efforts.


And now onto my second challenge creation for We Love Chocolate Baroque, where the theme is  'I love...........' We want you to share your crafting loves and what makes you happy when crafting. Mine is Vintage and Butterflies

I used the stamp set Butterfly Mind from chocolate Baroque, I created a background using Distress Oxides and stamping splatters from the set.  I doodled around the edge.  For the image I stamped in black then stamped the butterflies again, fussy cutting them, and colouring them with Distress Inks.  I coated the butterflies with Glossy Accents to make them look like vintage Enamel Brooches (well that's what they remind me of).  I added my own computer generated words.

Our prize:-
Is the winners choice of an A4 Chocolate Baroque stamp set, or stamps to the same value. We will also be on the lookout for our next Featured Designer selected from entries using Chocolate Baroque stamps.
From the lovely



Chocolate Baroque

Are you wanting some inspiration, pop on over to the challenge blog and then you can see all the wonderful creations from the rest of the talented team.


Recipe:-
Stamps - Lavinia - mooch, fairy bugs, bluebells, meadow grass, Chocolate Baroque - Butterfly Mind
Colouring Mediums - Distress Inks, Distress Oxides, Versafine Clair, 
Tools - Stencil -Laurel, Glossy Accents, Fineliner, 
Embellishments - Moondust - holographic,
 


Thank you for popping by my blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x   

13 comments:

Marlies said...

Two beautiful cards Tracy. Lovely pink monochroom colours on your first. You have made a lovely peaceful scene. The second one has a lovely vintage look. Beautiful made. I hope you don't have any side effects from your vaccination. Take care. Marlies

brenda said...

Your monochromatic card is very pretty with the Cat and softly stencilled leaves Tracy. And then your Butterfly creation has aa lovely Vintage feel to it with the sepias and muted colouring.

You are right that having the jab is the best, probably only way forward for us to a hopefully safer world.

B x

Leanne Harris said...

Two cracking makes Tracy, I love your pink cat! (Well, I would if there is an animal on it wouldn't I!!!) - Your WLCB make is gorgeous, the vintage feel is quite lovely and the colouring is superb too xxxx

Mervi said...

Both so fabulous and gorgeous cards;-))m

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful card. Love the scene you created in the first one. Anesha x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Just love the sweet pink tones of the first card and the Lavinia's stamps you used! It has a peaceful feel!
Love so much also the WLCB one, such wonderful matching of those amazing butterflies and your creative background with splatters and doodling!

susiestacey said...

Two lovely cards Tracy the are both pretty.
I had my jab (or jag as they call it up here) today and so far l feel fine.
Take care x Susan x

Kathleen said...

Two really super cards Tracy, a great choice of colours for your Monochromatic card with lovely images.
A super set of Butterflies for CB, again a lovely choice of colours and super images, lovely design too.

Kath x

Linby said...

Your mono card in pinks is absolutely beautiful and very clever. Love your CB card with the vintage feel.

Mummylade said...

Glad you're having your first vaccination shot, we're way behind here in the north so I might get mine in May or June.

Your butterflies really do look like jewelery, it's a stunning effect.

Mrs.B said...

Two beautiful card Tracey, gorgeous shades of pink in that lovely scene and I do like the vintage butterflies, the GA gives a fabulous sheen.
Hope everything goes OK with the vaccine.
Avril xx

pinky said...

Gorgeous cards. Loving that soft pink card, a perfect background for your wee cat. The butterfly one is just beautiful and love the vintage feel it has. I got my first jab about 2 weeks ago and had nothing other than a few headaches. Hope you are symptom free after yours. xx

Sarn said...

LOVE your monochromatic card for the SS challenge.
Your colourful butterfly card for ILCB is terrific too.
x