Monday 6 June 2022

Fragile Wings & Petals

  


These are creations from May's T.V. Shows for Chocolate Baroque, there were lots of gorgeous stamps to use.  For my first creation I used the stamp set Fragile Wings, for my base card I had used the wood grain stamp from the set on top of an Oxide inky background.  for my main image I stamped the Butterfly on another oxide inky background.  With watercolour pencils I coloured the butterfly and shaded the circles too.  I also shaded around the the image with a charcoal pencil, smudging it for shading.  I glittered the wings for a bit of sparkle. 


This card I made using a product that's quite new to me, I'm just getting the feel of it and experimenting with it, my new product is Gilding Flakes, I know they have been around for ever but I thought I would like to try a new product and that's what I picked up from the craft store.  So let's start with the stamp set used for this creation Ace Card.  For the base card I used gilding flake glue and smudge the glue around the edge with a sponge, then applied the flakes over the top of a stamped edge from the set.
Now for the main image, I stamped it out then coloured it with Alcohol markers.  I used gilding flake glue and put a thin line around the edge of the image and on parts of the foliage etc....  then dotted some random dots of flakes around the image.  Using a gold posca pen I edged the whole piece of card.

I had fun using these stamps, I hope you enjoy seeing them.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two beautiful cards. Anesha

Pauline C said...

2 beautiful cards - love the soft colours and ethereal look of the butterfly card, and the gilding flakes look brilliant with the stamp on the second one ... something else I must consider whether to try!!
Pauline xx

Wendy L said...

Both lovely and I love the gilding flake edges, xx