Sunday 5 December 2021

Rainbows & Reflections

  I would like to share a couple of creations I did for the November Craft Store shows for Chocolate Baroque



My first creation is all about reflection. I took the Trees A Crowd stamp set and selected some of the trees, I did a waterline so I could line my trees up, I used a gel plate to make the reflections, then I just built up the colouring creating the scene.  I die cut some frames to put around my images in contrasting colours.



I loved creating this card, now I know it's not for everyone but I have to say I find fussy cutting relaxing.  So to start I chose five colours of Distress inks and then applied them with stencil brushes in  rainbow stripes.  I stamped five butterflies from the stamp set Happy flower's day, and cut them out.  Always cut your image before colouring it as the ink weakens the card and you don't get as crisper cut.  For each butterfly I took the colour from the background so for instance for the pink one I used Kitsch Flamingo, I then picked two other co-ordinating colours, Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry to shade and colour the butterfly.  I then proceeded to do the other butterflies in the same way.
I stamped the butterfly image on the background where I wanted the butterflies positioned, then glued the cut out butterflies over the top with the wings free and shaped.  All I did then was added a sentiment from the set.

This is for the following challenges:-
1. Colour Crazy Challenge - #48 - Anything Goes
2. Critter Crazy Challenges -#57 - Anything Goes

I hope to see you later in the month for some more of my samples from the shows.

Happy crafting
Tracy x

5 comments:

Pauline C said...

Two stunning cards Tracy .. I love both of these in very different ways. Love the soft colours and reflections in the trees scene, and the colours and composition of the butterfly card just pop!
Pauline x

Mrs.B said...

Two lovely cards Tracy, the colours on the butterfly are so pretty.
Avril xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Did I see your card on the Chocolate Baroque blog? I think it is stunning, with gorgeous colours and beautiful butterflies. Love it. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Rachael said...

two gorgeous cards - I love the butterflies (well who doesn't!) Thank you for joining us at the colour crazy craft challenge. Good Luck! x

Doris Klein said...

Wow wow wow.. what a pretty make! I love butterflies...

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
*GDT* Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog