Tuesday, 6 April 2010
Oh i'm so glad to be back at my crafting desk, I haven't been there for a week. My son is just fine now apart from a cold and cough the croup has left him with, but up to no good as usual. I really enjoyed making this card for some challenges, even though I have quite a few orders and some DT work that needs to be done. I have managed to get myself a couple of new colours in distress inks, "worn lipstick and stormy sky", which I have used today, I now have 8 colours. I used them to paint with as well as distressing with them, but could never quite get the technique right or the shading, and when I distressed round the edges it went blotchy.
So I got in touch with the lovely Kim, who was ever so helpful, Thank you Kim, what a lovely lady you are. She told me which card to use to stamp on and Voila! so much easier. She gave me tips on distressing round the edges too, and now i'm really happy with how i've progressed.
My Tim Holtz, QVC package came last week too, and I've only just unpacked it all and started using the blending tool, wow so much easier too.
This creation is for:-
1. Create 4 Fun - week 14 - Sketch
2. Simon Says Stamp - "It's so distressing"
3. Crafty Creations - challenge # 61 - Anything goes
4. Stamptacular Sunday - challenge # 53 - Sugar and spice (For the girls)
5. Cupcake Crafts - challenge # 85 - Make your own flowers
6. Creative Card crew - challenge # 47 - Vintage/Aged
7. Lili Of The Valley - challenge # 50 -Include Blue and Silver
8. Crafty Cardmakers - challenge # 18 - A Challenging challenge - ( first time using a distressing tool)
If you enter Simon Says stamp you can also enter Lorraine's weekly candy Here and win this fab stamp
Do have a good week