Saturday 18 April 2020

Fly Away!

























Good morning friends, I hope you are all staying well and safe in these unpredictable times, another three weeks of lockdown to go, and going by social media lots of crafters seem to be finding it hard to craft or to find some mojo. I too have found a lot of days hard to create something.  I was going to learn to crochet by watching Youtube videos, as it's something I have always wanted to do but haven't yet found the mojo to do that either.

Anyway here's some new challenges, hopefully these can take your mind of things for a bit.
Here's  mid way challenges for for Stamping Sensations and Penny black & More @ Allsorts challenges, if you didn't get the chance to join in last month's challenges these could be the ones for you.

At Stamping Sensations this month the theme is 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' I started by stamping some butterflies from a new stamp set I bought for myself for my birthday, I coloured them with Spectrum Noirs and stamped a sentiment which is from another set of stamps I bought myself for my Birthday.  I thought I would get some inspiration from them as lockdown had started the day before my Birthday, and I felt deflated and need to keep busy for my mental health.  The background is created with Distress Oxides.

We have sponsorship this Month from






'be Creative!'  with a £25 voucher

And of course, the Design Team have created some stunners to inspire you. Please do pay them a visit to their individual blogs - it means a lot to know you appreciate their efforts.

This is for the following challenges:-
1. As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Animal (Butterflies as they are so beautiful)
2. Cute Card Thursday - #630 - Wings
3. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #37 - Anything Goes
4. Crafty Calendar Challenge - #April - Add a Butterfly



























And now onto my second challenge creation for Penny black & More @ Allsorts, where the theme is 'Anything Goes' so how easy is that.  For my creation I used a Transparent set of Penny Black stamps, I chose this cute cat with balloons and coloured with Spectrum Noirs then coated the balloons with  Glossy Accents.  I stamped the sentiment, then using a handmade cloud stencil inked in a background of clouds.

We have prizes from Penny Black and Swedish House Crafts

Are you wanting some inspiration, pop on over to the challenge blog and then you can see all the wonderful creations from the rest of the talented team.

This is for the following challenges:-
1. Aud Sentiments - #249 - Birthday Sentiment


Recipe:-
Stamps - Penny Black - 30-012 - Bubbly, Chocolate Baroque - Butterfly Perfumery, Chocolate Baroque - Butterfly Mind,  Sentimentally Yours sentiments, 
Colouring Mediums - Distress Oxides, Spectrum Noirs, Colorbox ink, 
Embellishments -  Glossy Accents


Thank you for popping by my blog.
Stay Safe and well
Happy crafting
Tracy x

14 comments:

Viv said...

Adore the butterfly card especially Tracy, the sentiment has struck a chord with me too. Lovely makes.

Craftyfield said...

Love the butterfly card, the messy background contrasts with the CAS style of the focal image and the colours are so bright and beautiful... really striking!

Ellibelle said...

Both are so nicely done. The cat card is so cute, but my favorite this time is the gorgeous butterfly card!

Elaine Stark said...

So cute. Love your clouds. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Elaine Stark said...

A stunningly colourful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

brenda said...

Two real contrasts here Tracy, such vibrancy on the first and those lovely Butterflies, then the delicate clouds and dreamy image on the second.

B x

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with the butterflies Tracy. Very bright and cheerful, a lovely effect. The second one is adorable with the PB cat floating amonst the clouds. Stay safe, Marlies x

Leanne Harris said...

Two great makes Tracy - my favourite in the rainbow of butterflies xxxxx

Linby said...

Love your first card, so bright and cheerful. Loving the clouds and your cute kitty on the second one.
Yes, I am struggling with the mojo at times too.

Anne said...

Thanks for joining the AYLI challenge. Two beautiful makes, I love the sentiment on the butterfly card. I definitely think a lot of us crafters have no mojo at the moment, it will come back
Anne x

creationsnz said...

Both your cards are super, Tracy. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards. I especially love the first one, what a stunning background for you lovely butterflies! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz - DT xx

pinky said...

Super gorgeous cards Tracy! I am so loving the rainbow butterflies!!

Wahyu Eko C said...

hai there i eko from sambas, indonesia. i want to share my blog and new one

this new article too