Tuesday 27 October 2009

Another Twilight, Another Rose




This card is for:-


1. Incy Wincy Designs - challenge # 15 - Favourite Embellishments


2. Papertake weekly - Spots and Stripes




My favourite embellishments at the moment are my handmade roses, I love making them and just started experimenting with patterned papers although some patterns don't work. So this fits in for Incy Wincy Designs.


Papertake weekly want to see spots and stripes and this card has both.


Now this card is for an order, which i'm getting quite a few since I made my eldest son one for his Birthday last Saturday. The request for this card wasn't the easiest to fulfill, they asked for a card for a fifteen year old girl whos likes are Twilight, shoes, red and black. OMG where do I start I thought to myself, so I started to build the card as I did with Scott's, but changing the papers for girly ones then I had to fit a shoe in. The shoe is cut using a template then using a quickie glue pen I added swirls then glittered them with black fine glitter. Then went over the whole shoe with 3D gloss. I made my usual hand made rose using patterened paper this time then adding stickles for a bit of sparkle.



I'm not the only one addicted to these roses, my eldest son has been making them all day. With a bit of help from my 3 year old who's just getting over a bout of croup again.



Sorry for the long post, hope I didn't bore you too much Lol!

Happy crafting
Tracy x


15 comments:

Rachel said...

OMGoodness how FABULOUS this card is!! you did a spectacular job. I love it!!
hugs,
Rachel

Mandy said...

Fab card....and love those roses!

Mandy

Matti_R said...

WOW, What a wonderful card! I really like it.

Deborah March said...

Oooohhh, I think your customer will be TICKLED PINK!! Great card!!

The Paper Peddler said...

Love it! What a great idea for a birthday card for girls!!

Susie Sugar said...

Looks like you had loads of fun with the boys and your card is lovely , love that sexy shoe
Hugs Susie xx

Liz said...

Tracey Love the way you have the boys helping good for you just lorrrrrrve these paper roses card is a dream too thank you so much for joining the Incy Wincy Challenges

Hope you will pop in again and good luck

liz xx

Fab said...

Thanks Tracy for the kind words and for visiting my blog. What a lovely card ! I do have a weekly Christmas Challenge so you're more than welcome to add your crimbo creations on it !

cheryl said...

brilliant card hun she will adore it fab image love cheryl xxx

Pop's Cards said...

I hope that your youngest is ok now, and well done to your other son for helping you can you send him around here to do some for me :)

Love the card it was only the other day someone asked me about twilight and i didnt have a clue, oh to be young again, hugs pops x

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Tracy, thank you for your lovely welcome on to the DT & also for becoming a follower. Im real excited about working along side you all. Thanks again hun.

Hugs
Lisa.xx

mueppi said...

Your card is wonderful, Tracy and I love roses!
Hugs Gisela

Heather "Hev" said...

I bet your niece will love it :)

Glad to see your sons enjoying crafting also :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

Good Luck :)

scrappyjacky said...

Great card,Tracy....you've brilliantly managed to get in all the right bits for the recipient......and how nice to see boys busy crafting.

Jill said...

beautiful card Tracy thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx