Thursday 15 October 2009

Something different!


This card is for:-
1. Creative Inspirations - challenge 18 - Christmas in October
2. Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential - week 2 - Dress up a tree

I thought i'd do something different today, instead of my usual cuties. My ex-employers still keep in touch with me and I always send them a card at Christmas, they always send a Marks and Spencers luxury card,and last year was my first year of handmade cards but I've come a long way since then. So this is what i've made them and I think it's just their style.
I have seen this done before here at Iona-Rose designs, also seen this on Joanna sheens web site too.
The image was in a candy from the lovely Brenda (where did it come from? Brenda) and when I saw it I thought what on earth will I do with this image, I think I have another and I will do the dreaded In-Laws the same card.
Thank you Brenda your image has made me try something new.
I used Papermania's A Wonderful Christmas Time (kindly given to me by my daughter, thank you Jodie). I do know the stamp is Penny Black (will have to search that stamp, would like to have it). Then I put Papermania gems on my tree and used some free ribbons and bows from the Creativity magazine. The sentiment is a Dovecraft and done with clear embossing power. And everything is matted on gold card.

Happy crafting
Tracy x

15 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Oh Tracy this is a fantastic card. So elegant looking! Love the tree image and the card layout.
Hugs,Connie

Craft u Crazy said...

So fresh and clean looking... very very nice Tracy.

Hugs
Adele

brenda said...

You did a fabulous job with that Tracy (it's from the Penny Black Christmas 2009 range)and looks like it might even have come from M&S so why not give them a run for their money.

Glad you are enjoying using the images. Sometimes it's good if we step outside our comfort zone - for me that's doing cutsie.

B x

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is so elegant and so very pretty Tracy!! I love your clever idea with the stamped tree on the different panels! Such a smart layout and the bling on the tree makes a perfect touch to this beauty!! Thanks so much for playing with us Saturday Spotlight!! I hope you'll come back to play again!! HUGS

Crystal said...

Tracy this is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE how you sectioned the tree that looks awesome!! Gorgeous colors and design girl!!! Hugs!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Tracy, very elegent!
Clairex

scrappyjacky said...

It is different to your usual style,Tracy.... but it's good to step out of the comfort zone.....and making cards for a particular person does sometimes mean doing something that's more to their taste.....the card is lovely and so elegant.....definately an M & S type card!!

Darlene said...

Oh WOW ... very pretty and very creative! I love the layout and the background dp is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! I look forward to seeing more of your creations in the upcoming weeks!!

Dawn B. said...

This is awesome.. What great things you used to create this card.. SO lucky to have all those people to RAK you.. I like the split image.. Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight..

Jessica G. said...

The panel sketch is striking and your tree is very elegantly decorated with the gems! Thanks for playing along in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful Tracy!!!
That's an awesome image...lovely job dressing it up!
Blessings, Maria

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful and so elegant, I have some people on my Christmas card list that this would be perfect for.
Luv
Debby

Laura.K said...

I love your card. It's so elegant and simple.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Tracy!! What a gorgeous image!! Love how you dressed it up and put it in different panels!! Very elegant take on the Saturday Spotlight Challenge!!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Tracy luv what you have done!!
Thanks for joining us over at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx