Friday 16 October 2009

Feels like spring again!


This card is for:-
1. Penny Black Saturday - week 70 - Buttons and Bows
2. Sketch and Stash - challenge 21 - sketch
3. C.R.A.F.T. - challenge 21 - A Recipe

I enjoyed this card as it took me away from the three main focuses at the moment that seem to be everywhere - Halloween, Autumn and Christmas. This reminds me of my favourite time of year, Spring, when all the green is just breaking through and there's buds opening everywhere.
But it also made me use something I have never used before and said I never would BUTTONS, but I made my self a promise to try different things and techniques so I gave them a go. I don't know why I hate using them but I just do.

Penny Black Saturday wanted to see buttons and bows this week and they are there on my card.
Sketch and Stash gave us a nice sketch to follow and to name my never used item it is this cute Penny Black image crossing bridges.
C.R.A.F.T. has a recipe which is 1 ribbon, 2 buttons, 3 papers, and it's all there.

Recipe:-
Stamps - Penny Black crossing bridges,
Papers - In my minds eye bloom and grow,
Colouring mediums - distress inks, H20's,
Embellishments - Buttons, flowers, stickles, ribbon, thread,

19 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tracy,
I love this cute image - you have done such a good job on it. This card is beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

brenda said...

Very nice card Tracy. Could not agree more with what you say about the themes going round, can get a bit repetative and I am not a big Halloween fan anyway.

Like the nice fresh colours of this one.

B x

peggy said...

Great card,
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge !!!

Peggy xx

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us again at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Love,

Jo.

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card tracy...love the papers..the adorable image and great use of your buttons and bows...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Annie said...

lovely fresh colours on your card with the adorable PB mouse.
hugs, annie x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely papers and cute image. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

Liz said...

Brilliant Tracey

liz xx

Chrissie said...

A wonderful card Tracy and I love the papers and colour combo on this.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

cheryl said...

great card hun love those papers great colurs too love cheryl xxxxx

Crystal said...

AWWW Tracy this is soooo darling, what a precious image and great colors!!! Have a great weekend!!!

stampinfrog said...

Tracy this card is so cheerful! I love the DP and your coloring as always is fantastic!
Hugs,Connie

Claire Phillips said...

A really beautiful card Tracy - thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Suzi Mac said...

This is so cute and gorgeous, love your colour choices, thank you for joining us at CRAFT challenge this week, good luck in the draw.
Suzi xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Tracy I love the papers thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Julie said...

A fab card, lovely image and colouring. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

Rose said...

Lovely card, so bright and cheerful, cute mouse too. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT and good luck.

Rose xx

Magda said...

Great card. The image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge & good luck.
Magda :)

Becky said...

Beautiful card Tracy... I love the bright colours!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx